In 1871 Matthew Lovejoy established a grocery store to serve the local community in Milford, Michigan. HIs son, C.E. Lovejoy, carried on the family’s successful grocery business in Milford. When C.E. Lovejoy retired in 1910, he left the business in the capable hands of his son, W. Scott Lovejoy, who owned and operated C.E. Lovejoy’s until 1946, whereupon his wife and daughter continued to operate the store until 1971.
Today, the fifth and sixth generations of the Lovejoy family bring to their hometown of Bend the same tradition that Matthew and his son, Charles Earl, first began in Milford. With Exceptional and experienced management personnel, C.E. Lovejoy’s Brookswood market Maintains the same commitment to the highest standards of quality, value and customer service that were the hallmark of its forbears.
At C.E. Lovejoy’s Brookswood Market, our commitment to community involvement comes from our hearts and encompasses events, giving and support in any way that is needed in our community. Our efforts range from supporting neighborhood schools and organizations right in our backyard to larger community events reaching a broader Central Oregon audience.